International Student Admission Fees
|Fee type||Canadian dollars (CAD)|
|Tuition for elementary school (2017-2018)||12,000|
|Tuition for high school (2017-2018)||13,200|
|Homestay (10 months)||8500|
|Settlement service fee*||300|
|Custodianship (for 18 years old and younger)||1000|
|Study permit renewal||250 + fees set by Government of Canada|
* Settlement service fee: NHISS will assist international students to open a bank account, purchase a local sim card, make an appointment with the welcome center, driving the student to/from the welcome center appointment.
Tuition fee is subject to change based on the year and the school board without notice.
- Application form: You must complete an International Student Application Form. An application fee of $250 CAN is required. The deadline for applications for the school year (September – June) is June 15 of the previous school year. Applications for the second semester admission (February – June) are accepted until December 15 of the previous year.
- The completed application form will be used to prepare the letter of acceptance. The letter of acceptance, homestay and custodianship arrangements are required for the student to apply for the study permit at the Canadian Embassy in their home country in order to study in Canada. For students applying to study in Canada for the first time, their study permit needs to be obtained before entering Canada. Students who are already studying in Canada may renew their study permit from Citizenship & Immigration Canada from within Canada. NHISS will assist students in renewing their study permit.
- Transcripts/Report Card: You must present your most recent report card including your marks. Report cards in any language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Immunization card:You need to provide certified proof of immunization against mumps, measles, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus and polio. This document also must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Health Insurance: You must have health insurance coverage before attending school. NHISS will assist you in obtaining health insurance.
- Custodial documents: (for all students 18 years and younger): These students need to provide a completed Parent/Guardian form by the parent in the home country, stating that all arrangements have been made for a guardian to act in place of the parent(s). This document must be notarized in the home country. Beside this Parent/Custodian form, a Custodian form must be filled by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (19 years or older). This document also must be notarized in Canada. Student must submit this document before registering at school. NHISS will assist the students in Custodianship arrangements.
For Registration you will need:
- Tuition Fee
- A valid Study permit
- A valid Passport
- Custodial Documents
- Canadian Health Documents
- Immunization Documents
- Most recent transcripts/school records